EAS Certified Application CounselorPoughkeepsie, NY
Certified Application Counselors (CACs) are responsible for facilitating the enrollment of eligible patients into Medicaid and/or other benefits programs. CACs perform a variety of duties including screening patients to determine benefit eligibility, assisting in the completion and submission of benefit applications and rectifying eligibility issues. In addition, CACs will be responsible for entering all relevant and necessary information into the EAS system so that the account can be billed by the billing staff.
- Evaluates patients for Medicaid eligibility, 3rd party insurance, SSI/SSD.
- Aids eligible patients in the Medicaid application process.
- Maintains CAC certification as required by Federal and State rules and regulations
- Maintains current knowledge of Medicaid eligibility and application rules.
- Provides outstanding customer service to all patients, caseworkers, clients, etc.
- Maintains current knowledge of all relevant systems.
- Performs any and all job related duties, as assigned in a professional and positive manner to ensure achievement of departmental goals.
- Promptly addresses any accounts returned from billing staff with eligibility issues so account can be billed within the time limits.
- Follows account management protocols for assigned accounts to ensure eligibility is obtained and account is billed or account is closed in a timely manner.