Patient Accounting Representative – A/R Follow UpPoughkeepsie, NY
Patient accounting representatives are responsible for timely and effective resolution of unpaid accounts. They perform a variety of duties including claim editing, billing, follow up, and payment and adjustment processing in order to meet the client cash and A/R goals.
- Analyzes and researches reasons for denied and underpaid claims.
- Determines and executes best approach for resolution.
- Identifies issues and trends and reports to manager.
- Maintains confidential system and payer website access.
- Follows QBS account management protocols and strategies.
- Maintains current knowledge of all relevant systems as well as federal and state billing regulations.
- Maintains current knowledge of contract terms and conditions related to claim resolution.
- Corresponds with third party payers, according to established protocols, to obtain status and payment.
- Communicates with clients, as needed, to expedite claim resolution.
- Performs any and all job related duties, as assigned, in a professional and positive manner to ensure achievement of cash and A/ R goals.